5X Racing Team
5X Racing isn't just a webstore trying to make a buck, we're a serious race team that is the foundation of our business and the platform for us to test and prove our prototype parts on the racetrack. We are Miata specialists because we race Miata's, and we've gained a profound knowledge from building Miata race cars and maintaining them since 2006. This knowledge helps us pick out and offer the best parts for Miata's - both race AND street - as well as knowing what parts to recommend to our customers. Racing helps us make legitimate parts and to learn what works, what doesn't, and what we can build that will work on everything from a hardcore racecar to a hard parked stance car.
Our Spec Miata Race Team
- The 5X Racing Team comprises of the father/son team of John and Rick Adamczyk with their two Spec Miata racecars
- Our current racecars are:
- 1991 Mazda Miata 1.6L (for sale)
- 1995 Mazda Miata 1.8L (for sale)
- 2002 Mazda Miata VVT
- 2001 Mazda Miata VVT (in-progress build)
- Spec Miata (SM) is a race class within NASA and SCCA that comprises of 1990-2005 Mazda Miata's and has a highly restrictive and tightly governed rule set. The emphasis on the class is to promote driver skill by keeping the speed capabilities of the cars level with very restrictive rules. All aspects of the car have specifications that cannot be exceeded, such as tires, wheels, suspension, brakes, engines, exhausts, and just about anything that would add to the power of the engine or improve handling capabilities. The engines are comprised of OEM parts but built to the max extent of the factory tolerances, no aftermarket parts are used within the engine. Power output of a Spec Miata engine usually ranges from 110hp (stock engine) to 125hp (pro built SM engine) at the wheels. The shocks, springs, exhausts, brake pads are all race parts, and the entire interior is completely stripped to make room for a race seat and roll cage is added. The cars are serious racecars and can outhandle just about any car on the track that isn't a purpose built formula type racecar.
- The team focuses their race season with SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) clubs and races primarily at Daytona International Speedway and Sebring International Raceway, with occasional trips to Palm Beach International Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Our race schedule can be found on our Events Calendar here: http://5xracing.com/calendar.html
- The type of racing we participate in is called club level "road racing", however it has nothing to do with racing on roads or streets. Road racing events are held on "road courses" or "circuits" (in Europe) that are used specifically for race events. NASA and SCCA hold events at every road course in America, we can participate in any of these events if we are willing to make the haul!
- A typical Club Racing race weekend for 5X Racing comprises of a 15 minute practice session, 20 minute qualifying session, and 30+ minute race. The action is held both on Saturday and on Sunday
- The Team has a personal race shop located on the Adamczyk compound in St Cloud Florida where they build and maintain their Miata's. All work on the cars is performed in house, everything from roll cages, race alignments, painting, and also new product prototyping. We do not perform commercial work out of this shop