5X Racing Grip Shift Knob for Mazda Miata
Grip Shift Knob
After making a shift knob from a dirt bike handlebar grip for our 1999 Miata shop car and testing it at Daytona during a track-day, we were surprisingly impressed! The extra height of the shifter provided more leverage, in turn making shifting effort even easier. Add to that the extra grippy material of the handlebar grip, and we felt we had a winning combination! That original grip lead us to explore other grip options, as the handle we used underneath the grip is designed to work with 7/8" handlbar grips, so ANY BMX, Mountain Bike, ATV, or Motorcycle grip was now a possibility. Our search led us to ODI Grips, which are easily the most recognizable companies in the grip industry. Trying several of their grips, we landed on this grip, which provides the ultimate racecar style and functional shift knob.
Installation and Adjusting
- 23993373 - 5XR-GRIPSFT
- 5X Racing
- Please anticipate a delay due to assembly timing. All shift knobs ship on Monday or Thursday's
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1990-1997 NA Miata Aftermarket Parts - NA Miata Interior
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1990-1997 NA Miata Aftermarket Parts - NA Miata Transmission and Shifter
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1999-2005 NB Miata Aftermarket Parts - NB Miata Interior
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1999-2005 NB Miata Aftermarket Parts - NB Miata Transmission and Shifter
- NC MX-5 Aftermarket and Performance Parts - NC MX-5 Drivetrain
- ND MX-5 Aftermarket and Performance Parts
- Custom Shift Knobs
- Spec Miata Parts
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W9.0000” x H6.0000” x L2.0000”
- UPS Ground or USPS Priority
Total Reviews (1)
You must login to post a review.
Reviewed by: Michael09/21/2022 08:12PM
Product ownership: A year or longer
Purchased from: 5X Racing
Did not know if I would like it over the standard que ball I run. Good feel and nice height.