5X Racing Mazda Miata Drop Floorpan Kit
Spec Miata Floorpan Drop Kit
Gain 1 1/2" of seat height in your Spec Miata racecar with our floorpan drop kit!
Check out the extended description below to find out more and be sure to check out our two-part instructional video on our YouTube Channel
When the rules for Spec Miata allowed for dropping the seat area to provide drivers with more head room, our owner John - who is 6'1" 200lbs - was all in for this mod! The tight confines of the Miata make cage design and seat installation difficult, which oftentimes leads to an uncomfortable seating position for the driver. Our floorpan kit was created to meet the criteria of the Spec Miata rules and along the way, we tried to make our design clever enough to ease the minds of those who are intimidated about the difficulty in the installation process. After testing it in our 2002 SM for over a year of racing, we finally have it on our site ready for your car!
- 16 gauge cold rolled steel construction per the SCCA rules
- Patterns included to help with installation measurements
- One-piece construction of pan and subframe replacement beam for strength and reduction of welded seams
- Cleverly placed relief cuts in corners to allow for more movement and better gap closure during installation
- Angled front and rear edges to ease concerns about catching on curbing or debris on track (rear edge because you could be going backwards when you spin out)
- Seat belt bolt nut plate included, but not pre-welded to allow for a different size to be used
- Drain holes in rear corners to allow water to escape
- Front and rear lips to provide a drop-in installation and added strength around the front and rear of the pans edge
- Step-by-Step instructional videos on our YouTube channel to show the installation process and help you along with your project (also in tabs above)
Installation Video Part 1
Installation Video Part 2
- 23993434 - 5XRDFPK
- 5X Racing
- Temporarily Not Available
- Normally In-Stock
- Item Requires Shipping
- 15.0 lbs.
- W20.5000” x H9.0000” x L26.0000”
- Not eligible for Free Shipping. UPS Ground Standard
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.