5X Racing Mazda Miata Drop Floorpan Kit
Spec Miata Floorpan Drop Kit
Gain 1 1/2" of seat height in your Spec Miata racecar with our floorpan drop kit!
Check out the extended description below to find out more and be sure to check out our two-part instructional video on our YouTube Channel
When the rules for Spec Miata allowed for dropping the seat area to provide drivers with more head room, our owner John - who is 6'1" 200lbs - was all in for this mod! The tight confines of the Miata make cage design and seat installation difficult, which oftentimes leads to an uncomfortable seating position for the driver. Our floorpan kit was created to meet the criteria of the Spec Miata rules and along the way, we tried to make our design clever enough to ease the minds of those who are intimidated about the difficulty in the installation process. After testing it in our 2002 SM for over a year of racing, we finally have it on our site ready for your car!
- 16 gauge cold rolled steel construction per the SCCA rules
- Patterns included to help with installation measurements
- One-piece construction of pan and subframe replacement beam for strength and reduction of welded seams
- Cleverly placed relief cuts in corners to allow for more movement and better gap closure during installation
- Angled front and rear edges to ease concerns about catching on curbing or debris on track (rear edge because you could be going backwards when you spin out)
- Seat belt bolt nut plate included, but not pre-welded to allow for a different size to be used
- Drain holes in rear corners to allow water to escape
- Front and rear lips to provide a drop-in installation and added strength around the front and rear of the pans edge
- Step-by-Step instructional videos on our YouTube channel to show the installation process and help you along with your project (also in tabs above)
Installation Video Part 1
Installation Video Part 2
- 23993434 - 5XRDFPK
- 5X Racing
- Normally In-Stock
- Item Requires Shipping
- 15.0 lbs.
- W20.5000” x H9.0000” x L26.0000”
- Not eligible for Free Shipping. UPS Ground Standard
Total Reviews (1)
You must login to post a review.
Reviewed by: Philippe04/29/2021 01:58AM
Product ownership: Less than 1 month
Purchased from: 5X Racing
I am too tall, only 6'0" but, I have short legs and a long torso. Believe it or not, with OMP seats bolted directly to the floor, my head without a helmet was higher than my roll bar. I had to fix this, it was getting ridiculous with a helmet on.
I installed it, tried with my new bucket seats (Ultra Shield), yes, I figure an aluminum seat would help even more to fix my issue. And good thing, I gained a lot of head room.
With common sense, and the 2 videos posted on YouTube by 5XR, it's pretty easy to make it fit. As they mentioned on their videos, Miata floors aren't exactly the same through out the years. I installed it on a 1997 and there was just one tiny place we couldn't weld and had to use more seam sealer. Obviously, these are things that can happen, it's totally custom, yet DIY and it's pretty well made and their videos are very helpful.
I recommend ! :)
(Owned it for a while but had the chance to install it this spring)