Home - Return to Previous Page
5X Racing Full Length Clutch Line for NC Mazda MX-5
NC Clutch Line
23993469 - 5XRFLMX5
Completely replaces the entire factory hard line system and it's associated mess from the master cylinder all the way to the slave cylinder! At 57" long, there's plenty of line to route it the same path of the original line. Our lines come in a sharp transparent charcoal color instead of the traditional clear.
Availability: Normally In-Stock
5 5 1
Based off the popularity of our 90-05 Miata full-length clutch lines, we now offer the same thing for the 2006-2015 Mazda MX-5 NC chassis. This is a stainless steel braided hose that also helps with clutch pedal feel as there's no rubber to expand when high pedal pressure is applied. Aside from being able to clean up your engine bay a bit, and a more direct pedal feel, the full length line also makes working on your engine and clutch system easier. Eliminating the mess of solid line and the brackets associated with it gives you more space, which on the crowded engine bay of the MX-5 NC is a much needed thing!
- 23993469 - 5XRFLMX5
- 5X Racing
- Normally In-Stock
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W9.5000” x H1.0000” x L12.5000”
Total Reviews (1)
You must login to post a review.
Reviewed by: Alex10/17/2021 02:12AM
Product ownership: Less than 1 month
Purchased from: 5X Racing
- No brackets or hard line tubing
- Plenty of length for different options when routing
- Stays out of the way during engine removal
- Straightens out completely for easy, bubble free clutch bleeding
- Significantly improved pedal feel and better clutch modulation
- Charcoal color looks fantastic and fits well with the rest of the engine bay
- Not sure what the copper washer included is for as everything is AN or flared fittings
- May be difficult to bleed without pressurizing the master cylinder reservoir
- To bleed, keep the slave cylinder compressed with a C-clamp, top up fresh DOT 3 or DOT 4 all the way to the cap
- Use Motive Products #1100 adapter for NC and pressurize master cylinder reservoir to 20-25 psi. You can skip using the manual pump Motive offers by screwing on a ball valve and quick disconnect fitting and attaching the setup to an air compressor.
- Slowly open bleeder valve on slave cylinder with 8mm wrench, with a hose and bottle attached to the end of the bleeder to collect fluid
- Continue until no more bubbles appear (do your brakes too, while you're at it!) and keep an eye on the master cylinder reservoir level. NCs have 'two' chambers in the reservoir, so make sure it never drops below the middle level when bleeding the clutch since the clutch master feeds from the top half of the brake reservoir.
Overall a great small addition to the car that really improves ease of maintenance and drivetrain feel.