5X Racing Full Length Clutch Line for NC Mazda MX-5
NC Clutch Line
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W9.5000” x H1.0000” x L12.5000”
Total Reviews (1)
Reviewed by: Alex10/17/2021 02:12AM
Product ownership: Less than 1 month
Purchased from: 5X Racing
- No brackets or hard line tubing
- Plenty of length for different options when routing
- Stays out of the way during engine removal
- Straightens out completely for easy, bubble free clutch bleeding
- Significantly improved pedal feel and better clutch modulation
- Charcoal color looks fantastic and fits well with the rest of the engine bay
- Not sure what the copper washer included is for as everything is AN or flared fittings
- May be difficult to bleed without pressurizing the master cylinder reservoir
- To bleed, keep the slave cylinder compressed with a C-clamp, top up fresh DOT 3 or DOT 4 all the way to the cap
- Use Motive Products #1100 adapter for NC and pressurize master cylinder reservoir to 20-25 psi. You can skip using the manual pump Motive offers by screwing on a ball valve and quick disconnect fitting and attaching the setup to an air compressor.
- Slowly open bleeder valve on slave cylinder with 8mm wrench, with a hose and bottle attached to the end of the bleeder to collect fluid
- Continue until no more bubbles appear (do your brakes too, while you're at it!) and keep an eye on the master cylinder reservoir level. NCs have 'two' chambers in the reservoir, so make sure it never drops below the middle level when bleeding the clutch since the clutch master feeds from the top half of the brake reservoir.
Overall a great small addition to the car that really improves ease of maintenance and drivetrain feel.
You must login to post a review.