5X Racing Ruffian Shorty Miata Shift Knob
Miata Shift Knob
After making a shift knob from a dirt bike handlebar grip for our 1999 Miata shop car and testing it at Daytona during a track-day, we were surprisingly impressed! The extra height of the shifter provided more leverage, in turn making shifting effort even easier. Add to that the extra grippy material of the handlebar grip, and we felt we had a winning combination! That original grip lead us to explore other grip options, as the handle we used underneath the grip is designed to work with 7/8" handlbar grips, so ANY BMX, Mountain Bike, ATV, or Motorcycle grip was now a possibility. Our search led us to ODI Grips, which are easily the most recognizable companies in the grip industry. They have some amazing styles of grips, and are the owners of the "lock-on" clamping system, which is a unique way of mounting grips to handlebars. Traditional grips are a squeeze fit over the handlebars, and are not removable once installed. ODI's lock-on clamps secure the grip ends to the handlebar, and are removable, so if you need to replace the grips in the future - or get tired of your first choice of grip color - simply provide your own and replace it! It's as easy as unbolting the lock-clamps and sliding the grip off, and sliding a new one on.
Installation and Adjust Video
- 23993571 - 5XR-RFSSK
- 5X Racing
- Please allow 1-2 days for assembly due to customization
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1990-1997 NA Miata Aftermarket Parts - NA Miata Interior
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1990-1997 NA Miata Aftermarket Parts - NA Miata Transmission and Shifter
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1999-2005 NB Miata Aftermarket Parts - NB Miata Interior
- NA/NB Miata Aftermarket and Performance Parts - 1999-2005 NB Miata Aftermarket Parts - NB Miata Transmission and Shifter
- NC MX-5 Aftermarket and Performance Parts - NC MX-5 Drivetrain
- ND MX-5 Aftermarket and Performance Parts
- Custom Shift Knobs
- Spec Miata Parts
- NA Miata Interior|NA Miata Transmission and Shifter|NB Miata Interior|NB Miata Transmission and Shifter|NC MX-5 Drivetrain|ND MX-5 Aftermarket and Performance Parts|Custom Shift Knobs|Spec Miata Parts
- Item Requires Shipping
- 2.0 lbs.
- W6.0000” x H1.0000” x L10.0000”
- UPS Ground or USPS Priority
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.