5X Racing Coilover Shock Mount System for NA Mazda Miata
NA Miata Coilover Shock Mount System
Based off the Spec Miata race proven Fat Cat Motorsports shock mount kit, this system is designed to completely transform the lackluster factory rubber shock mounting solution to maximize handling potential on the NA Miata shock assembly. This kit is also used to convert an NB to NA style shocks for track and racing purposes (NA shocks have shorter shock bodies are better suited to aggressive lowering). Designed to work with DIY coilover sleeves/perches and 2.5" race springs used on popular off-the-shelf aftermarket shocks, it provides a complete bump stop and shock mount system to further increase your vehicles capabilities on the street, track, or race conditions. It can ONLY be used with 1999-2005 OEM Mazda Miata shock hats and NA 90-97 style shocks, it will NOT work with 1999-2005 style Miata shocks as the threaded part of the shaft is different! If you're looking to equip 99-05 shocks with this kit, we have an NB version too.
Optional Parts or Parts for Koni Kits
Explanation of shock options:
Stock, Bilstein, KYB, and Tokico kits use M10 hardware. Bilstein kits come with Bilstein shock shaft spacers in case yours are not installed or have been misplaced. Koni kits come with M12 hardware. Certain shocks need shaft spacers to limit shock travel because they are susceptible to physically bottoming out and causing internal damage. We supply appropriate sized delrin spacers to prevent this in the kits that need them. NA and NB shocks have different threaded tops, so NA shoulder nuts will NOT work with NB shocks, and vice-versa. Please ensure you're choosing the correct kit for your shocks. (If you have NB shocks, this is the right kit for you. If you have NB shocks, our NB kit is what you'll need
Street Comfort Kit:
- This kit comprises of our Yellow (soft) density bump stops for front and rear to provide the softest ride for street driven vehicles. It is a factory balanced suspension bias which will provide soft bump damping to both front and rear shocks. This kit is designed for cars which are using conservative spring rates and desire a comfortable ride.
Grand Touring Kit:
- This kit comprises of our Blue (medium) bump stops for the front and Yellow (soft) bump stops for the rear. This kit is designed for those who enjoy the backcountry tour or occasional interstate cloverleaf attack, but also a comfortable and composed street feel. Expect a slightly stiffer ride in the front as compared to the Street Comfort kit, and with a touch more bias towards front grip (oversteer)
- This kit comprises of our Black (hard) bump stops for the front and our Yellow (soft) bump stops for the rear. This kit is a throwback to the legacy Fat Cat Motorsports "Sport" kit which consisted of stiff 36mm front and soft 46mm rear stops, but geared for cars with lower ride heights. This kit is designed to provide a "flickable" car with a bias towards front grip and an oversteer balance. A "Sport" feel would best describe this kit and is designed to produce a "well set-up" suspension feel. Drivers who frequent the auto-x course or drive "spirited" more often than not would appreciate this kit.
- This kit comprises of our Blue (medium) bump stops for both front and rear. This kit is a middle-ground between the Street Comfort Kit and Race/Track Kit. It is designed for those who want the factory balanced suspension bias which will provide medium bump damping to both front and rear shocks. This kit is a great "all-around" setup because it can do everything and is not biased towards one style or feel, therefore is a good choice for someone who has lowered their car using springs on the stiff side that doesn't desire a specific discipline or "feel".
- This kit comprises of our Black (hard) bump stops for the front and our Blue (medium) bump stops for the rear. This setup would be for primarily dual-purpose cars that drive to an auto-x or track event and back home. It is one step up from the Sport Kit in "flickable" feel, providing even more balance towards oversteer and helping to get the Miata turned-in quicker, which could help those in auto-x and on the track with a street tire. The dual-purpose nature of the setup will allow it to be composed and have a "planted" feel on the street, but without the worry of the car "stepping out" on you.
- This kit comprises of our Black (hard) bump stops for both front and rear and is a throwback to the legacy Fat Cat Motorsports "Race" or "Track" Kits that used stiff 36mm bump stops on all four corners. This kit is the equivalent of what Spec Miata racecars use and is recommended for coilover setups using stiff springs (Spec Miatas use a 700F/375R spring rate setup). It is a factory suspension bias which will provide stiff bump damping to both front and rear shocks, however it should be used with a coilover setup where you adjust your own front/rear balance. This kit is designed for race cars and dedicated track cars, and will be overly stiff on a street driven car.
- This kit comprises of our Yellow (soft) bump stops for the front and our Black (hard) bump stops for the rear. This kit will provide a strong oversteer bias, with front roll-allowance and rear roll-resistance, effectively letting a car "step out" easier. This setup is designed for cars that are setup to drift, or for those who desire a very loose car on the track or auto-x course. It is not recommended for the street as it might cause the car to become unpredictable in the rain. This kit will provide a soft front feel and stiff rear feel, which will amplify the Miatas tendency to "jounce" through dips and yumps.
Optional Parts or Parts for Koni Kits
- Item Requires Shipping
- 7.0 lbs.
- W10.0000” x H10.0000” x L15.0000”
- Free U.S. Over $150
- In-Stock Items ship USPS Priority unless noted otherwise
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.